Sunday, January 10, 2010

dreams

Just coming to say hello to anyone out there reading this blog. I got together with some friends to discuss dreams and plans for the new year tonight, so between that and the raspberry tea I just made, I am feeling super faithful and happy. I was reading some facebook profiles and such from some old friends and acquaintances yesterday and started feeling like everyone had more money, kids involved in so many more activities, more trips taken, etc than we had. Again, I was absolutely amazed at how quickly I forgot about how much I love my life. I truly do have a great life, and I am positive great things will happen this year.

Tim is determined to pay off our credit card debt this year. It's his "mission," and in fact, he even started a blog. It's scary to commit to that and does not even seem possible at all, but I have all the hope in the world that it really could happen. I love dreaming. I love that my husband has so many hopes and dreams of his own and for our finances as well.

Not spending money has made me excited about what we are saving. I filled the bubble bath bottle with water to make sure I got every last drop of bubble bath in there, and the remains actually produced a ton of bubbles last night. Relaxing night, no money spent. I ran out of shampoo, but decided to use all of the many samples I have collected over the years before I buy new. (seriously people...take the good shampoos from all the hotels...you paid for it...and they throw it away anyway...lol!) I love to see my tiny bottle of something fun and non matching when I get in the shower.

I am excited about the library events for the month. There are a couple of free documentaries being shown this month that will be great free dates for Tim and me. We also found 2 books of $1 theater tickets, so we may use those this month, but either way, we will have those to enjoy whenever.

We need to make actual plans to have people over the rest of the month. We are so very grateful to have great relationships. I love having people over, but usually just don't make it happen. Maybe I'll address that in a radical way one month.

I feel great about being home lots this week. I NEVER enjoy being at home more than one day in a row. I am changing my mindset...little by little.

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,

    I am enjoying reading your posts. You are inspiring me to "reset" my mindset. I appreciate your honesty and openness.

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading and commenting, Tamar.

    ReplyDelete